How to make Italian Iced Shaken Coffee!
Make yourself some Italian Iced Shaken Coffee within minutes!
Rain and shine, anyone would know how frustrating and unpredictable Singapore’s summer can be. While the weather can be erratic these days, a homey respite with a cold thirst-quenching brew is certainly not far from reach! Because you can stay chilled on days of sweltering hot WFH days with your own 101CAFFE’ iced shaken coffees. These stress-relievers can be easily served in under 10 minutes with just 3 simple ingredients!
We have an affordable range of Nespresso® and Dolce Gusto® coffee capsules that are designed to be enjoyed over ice to combat Singapore’s humidity. While there are tons of iced coffee concoctions you can easily whip up with our coffee capsules, here are two we highly recommend!
For a subtle and balanced iced coffee
For those needing a subtle iced coffee, try our toasty Tazzulella coffee which embodies a balanced fusion of 50% Central America Arabica coffee and 50% Indian Robusta coffee. Well-rounded, full-bodied, and roasted in proportion to a 3-generation Neapolitan recipe.
For a bold “wake-me-up” iced coffee
An iced Stromboli coffee is one that will surely pack a much more powerful punch if you’re pulling an all-nighter. It’s composed of 85% African Robusta and 15% Central America Arabica artisanally processed beans, so you can enjoy a strong whiff of its nutty blend.
Otherwise, you can browse our online shop to find your favourite coffee capsules, grounds or beans in stock. Alternatively, you can drop by any one of our 101CAFFE’ Singapore stores in MyVillage @ Serangoon Gardens and Plaza Singapura for a test! We usually carry 15 to 20 different flavours, ranging from single-origin coffees to premium blends.
As for today’s Italian Iced Shaken Coffee, feel free to follow our recommendations or use your usual favourite 101CAFFE coffee!
Steps to making Italian Iced Shaken Coffee using 101CAFFE’ coffees
Serves: 1 cup of Italian Iced Shaken Coffee
Prep time: 8 minutes
Difficult level: Super easy!
- Extract 50ml espresso (we recommend Tazzulella for a start!)
- 5ml of coffee syrup (optional, but Agave syrup is an excellent choice!)
- Some ice cubes
- If you’d like, you can add in unsweetened almond milk too!
Preparation of Italian Iced Shaken Coffee:
- Cool the serving cup by placing it in the freezer for about 5-7 minutes.
- Take your martini or cocktail shaker (or a spill-proof lidded mug!) and fill it with 8-10 ice cubes. Add coffee syrup or liquid sugar in if you wish!
- Pour freshly-brewed Tazzulella coffee (or espresso of your choice) in. It is important that the coffee goes in last to avoid the decrease in latte-like foam formation.
- Close the shaker immediately and shake EXTRA vigorously for about 10-15 seconds.
- Pour cold brew concoction into the chilled cup and enjoy your iced shaken coffee!
Deliveries for coffee are still ongoing for all our online orders!
Updated 19/06/2020: Hooray! Our shops in myVillage @ Serangoon Gardens and Plaza Singapura have finally reopened! As always, please continue to keep an eye out for store notices on our Instagram and Facebook!
We’re still delivering islandwide so you can still shop for your coffees and gourmet drinks on our website from the comfort of your home. Stay safe and keep calm with coffee!