How to grind coffee beans with your Thermomix!
Grinding coffee beans with a Thermomix takes less than 2 minutes!
Have you ever dreamt of making your own coffee blends with some fresh coffee beans? Are you in the mood for a new kitchen experience while stuck at home during this Circuit Breaker? For our Thermomix users in Singapore, you’re in for a treat!
You may not be aware but you can actually grind your coffee beans with your very own Thermomix! It is super easy and it just takes less than 2 minutes!
Why should I grind my coffee beans with my Thermomix?
Because grinding your own coffee gives you a whole new level of flavors! Drinking freshly ground coffee is a notch above the conventional pre-ground coffee or capsules. And you will die for the heavenly smell! Grinding coffee beans allows you to extract the water-soluble compounds that are responsible for the flavour and taste in your coffees. Plus, the unmistakable aroma of freshly ground coffee just tops the chart!
What beans should I use for grinding my coffee?
You can browse our online shop to find your favourite beans. Or, feel free to also drop by any one of our 101CAFFE’ stores in MyVillage @ Serangoon Gardens and Plaza Singapura for a test! We usually carry 15 to 20 different beans, ranging from single-origin coffees to premium blends.
We recommend these 3 coffee bean options if you can’t make up your mind!
- A single-origin such as Brasile that is 100% Arabica!
- Or go for our bestseller Napoletano which is a premium blend and ranks quite strongly in caffeine!
- Last but not least, Mezde makes an ideal choice for a mild afternoon coffee.
However, feel free to create your own blend from our range of coffee beans available in stock!
Steps to grinding and brewing coffee in Thermomix using 101CAFFE’ Coffee Beans:
Serves: 4 cups of freshly-brewed Napoletano Coffee (for a family)
Prep time: 2-3 minutes
Difficult level: Super easy!
Ingredients: 40-50g beans (10g of beans per cup)
Steps to grinding coffee beans:
- First, add 40-50g of Napoletano Coffee Beans into Thermomix bowl and close.
- Set the timer to 50 seconds at a progressive speed of 8-10. If you’re planning to use an espresso machine afterwards, go for about 2 minutes. You’ll need a finer grain for your espresso.
- Lastly, grind your beans!
Steps to brewing (10g per cup, 40g for 4 servings):
- First, add 10g of freshly ground Napoletano into Thermomix bowl and close.
- Next, add 150ml (per serving) and set heat to 70°C for 1 minute at a speed of 1.
- Pour coffee through a coffee filter and add milk and sugar for taste (optional!
Tips in grinding coffee beans in Thermomix:
- Grind for ready consumption! It’s best to grind your coffee beans only if you’re going to brew and consume your coffee right after. This is because storing ground coffee will lead to a loss in freshness, aroma and flavour. Hence, grind sparingly.
- Store your ground coffee properly! If you have extra ground coffee that you won’t be brewing, store them in an airtight container or bag. This is to ensure that no air or gases pass through or out – which can lead to oxidation! Vacuum your storage if possible!
- Pay attention to grain size! If your Thermomix is complementing your coffee maker, make sure to grind to the optimum grain size required. It takes time to test out your grain size to see what settings and timings work.
- Espresso coffee machines: Delicate, extra fine (50 seconds)
- French press or coffee plunger: Coarse (25 seconds)
- Drip coffee makers: Medium-coarse to medium (30 seconds)
- Moka pot: Medium-fine (40 seconds)
Pros of grinding coffee beans in Thermomix:
- Coffee beans are more affordable in the long run!
- The aromatic goodness in well-preserved coffee beans delivers a livelier cup!
- Well-roasted coffee beans are an excellent source of antioxidants
- Freshly-ground coffees are just so much more richer in taste as compared to stale instant coffee
Is it difficult to grind coffee in my Thermomix?
Not at all. You don’t require any extra or special coffee equipment apart from your Thermomix to grind your coffee beans!
Is it safe to grind coffee in my Thermomix?
Yes, absolutely! The blades of your Thermomix are well-designed to be able to get those beans finely crushed for your delicious cup of coffee!
Where can I find more of your guides and recipes?
Need to stock up on your coffees this #CircuitBreaker?
In light of the #Circuit Breaker extension, we are happy to offer all our beloved customers $10 OFF their order. This promotion is valid till the 1st of June 2020.
Simply key in <$10STAYHOME> upon checkout to enjoy $10 OFF your coffee order with a minimum spend of $70 on our website!
Deliveries for coffee are still ongoing for all our online orders!
Updated 19/06/2020: Hooray! Our shops in myVillage @ Serangoon Gardens and Plaza Singapura have finally reopened! As always, please continue to keep an eye out for store notices on our Instagram and Facebook!
We’re still delivering islandwide so you can still shop for your coffees and gourmet drinks on our website from the comfort of your home. Stay safe and keep calm with coffee!